Key Club makes an impact

Senior+officers+Rachel+Good%2C+Alexandra+Walker+and++Brooke+Mayausky+pose+with+flowers+they+made+for+a+local+nursing+home.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Key Club makes an impact

Senior officers Rachel Good, Alexandra Walker and  Brooke Mayausky pose with flowers they made for a local nursing home.

Senior officers Rachel Good, Alexandra Walker and Brooke Mayausky pose with flowers they made for a local nursing home.

Logan Garrison, Staff Writer

The Key Club is an extracurricular activity in which you participate in community service projects. It’s a good way to get involved and help out the people in your area

The Key Club raised money for the American Cancer Society, making about $1000. They strung pieces of paper together for 25 cents each, the Seniors ended up winning with about 1111 pieces of paper.

When they got all the paper together, they ran it across the floor of the gym at the pep-rally. Freshmen were purple, sophomores were orange, juniors were green and seniors were pink.

Key Club is good for colleges, good for the members and most of all good for the community.

Key club is an experience everyone should participate in. It opens doors to people who want to help the community.

Another thing that the Key club has done this year is a rally at Kings Dominion where kids went to Kings Dominion and went to an auditorium and learned about the thirst project.

Afterwards, kids got to stay at the park and ride the rides for the rest of the day. Members were given a little pin for your shirt with the Key club mascot.